Entrepreneur - startup mentor - angel investor
Josh is 4x startup founder and angel investor. He currently works at Amazon Web Services where he manages relationships with startup incubators and accelerators. Previously Josh was co-founder and CEO of Written, a venture backed content marketing company with a unique approach to building bigger and better audiences for brands.
Prior to Written, Josh was co-founder and CEO of Zosh, an award winning suite of mobile apps for filling and signing documents which was acquired by HighTail (YouSendIt). Josh launched the company at DEMO conference where he took top prize with a presentation that included smashing a fax machine on stage with a baseball bat.
Josh also founded Ideal Science which created popular community software for Windows. A partnership with Microsoft made Ideal Science the sole provider of community software for all Microsoft game studios including Bungie Studios the creator of the popular Halo series. Ideal Science community software powers billions of discussions on high profile communities including CNN, GigaOm, the FBI and US Department of Defense.
Josh is an active angel investor, a partner at Capital Factory, and a mentor at Techstars.
Josh has a BS in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Startup business development at Amazon
- Angel investor
- Capital Factory Mentor/Partner (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Techstars Mentor (2013, 2014, 2015)
The following video is from the Capital of Innovation TV show aired on KLRU in Austin, TX.
This TV show was taped shortly after my Zosh acquisition. It was the first pilot for a TV show that would chronicle entrepreneurs from Austin.
This is the video that made me famous.
This is the video from Demo Conference 2010 when I smashed a fax machine on stage with a baseball bat. Who knew that this little on stage antics would have such a profound impact on my career. I certainly didn't.
- 4x startup exec/founder
- DemoGod Winner (Spring 2010)
- Co-founder/CEO at Written
- Co-Founder/CEO Zosh (acquired by YouSendIt now HighTail December 2010)
- Austin Technology Incubator alum (2009)
- Patent: System and method for collecting a signature using a smart device #12/555,667 View on Google Patents
- Has a github account
- Videos on YouTube
- More videos on vimeo
- Active on Twitter
- Profile on LinkedIn
- Friendly on Facebook
- Angel invests on Angel List
- His Svbtle Blog
- His Tumblr Blog
- Product interests on Pinterest
- Curates several Flipboard magazines. See my magazine page to subscribe
All opinions on this website are my own.